Workplace accidents should be reported to your employer prior to seeking treatment. Such accidents may be registered with your doctor or physiotherapist. For example : acute back strain from lifting a sheet of plywood, or bruising to the foot from dropping a box of books on to it.

If however the workplace injury is due to gradual process only a doctor may register the injury. For example : neck pain and forearm pain from using a mouse at the computer.

Only a doctor may prescribe medication, prescribe time off work or fill in a light duties certificate.

Most workplace injuries and accidents are covered by ACC. Some larger employers are "Accredited" and cover their own employees with the help of a case management firm. Check with your employer before presenting for physiotherapy.

If you have any queries refer to our Fees page or please do not hesitate to contact us.

More information on Accident Insurance for Injured People